'Chyrmit' is a local Pnar (Jaintia) word for Turmeric. Lakadong 'Chyrmit' or Turmeric is a special variety of turmeric from a place called ‘Lakadong’, in Jaintia Hills, Meghalaya. It is known for its medicinal qualities, as the Curcumin content in it is between 7 to 12.32% (last tested in 2020), which is one of the highest, as against 2 to 3% in most varieties of turmeric.
- Unmatched Quality: With its high Curcumin content, Lakadong turmeric is undeniably superior in comparison to other varieties of turmeric.
- Aromatic Flavour: Its high Curcumin content also renders this variety of turmeric a distinct, natural aromatic flavour.
- 100% assured safe Zizira Lakadong Turmeric- We have taken a more critical measure towards our mission of providing safe, clean and pure Lakadong Turmeric. Our turmeric undergoes quality control tests from MSK private limited who provides us with the test report to ensure us that it is free from pesticides and other harmful chemicals.
- Pure & Natural: Our Lakadong Chyrmit comes from small family farms in Meghalaya and is grown using natural, traditional methods of farming.
- Golden Goodness: Another feature that sets apart Lakadong turmeric from other varieties is its unmistakable bright yellow-orange hue.